Brick houses are classics, with beautiful styles found in the US and around the world. Bricks are quite durable and therefore, you can use them for your house’s exterior without worrying about it fading or discoloring over time.
But what color should you paint your brick house or business? The best exterior residential painting color is one that complements the existing color scheme of your home. Suppose you want to ensure you’re choosing the right color for your home; keep reading!
What You Should Know Before Painting Your Brick Walls
Tips to consider before painting a brick wall.
- You should consider the age and condition of your bricks.
- Select the right type of paint to ensure a high-quality masonry paint that can adhere and withstand the elements.
- Consider cleaning the bricks to remove dirt.
- Use a primer to improve the long-term durability of a painted surface.
- Consider hiring experts like Harpeth Painting if you’re not comfortable with DIY, or you have a large area to cover and want a long-lasting, professional finish.
- Maintain your painted brick walls to extend the life of your painted brick walls.
Popular Exterior Brick Paint Colors
Some of the well-known paint colors include:
1. Sherwin Williams Creamy SW 7012
This is a soft and warm cream color popular for its ability to create a cozy and inviting feel. In addition, it’s versatile in complementing a variety of colors.
2. Sherwin Williams Keystone Gray SW 7504
This pain is a great choice, in case you’re looking for something close to black but not quite much drama. It gives the house a sophisticated feel without being overpowering.
3. Benjamin Moore Black HC-190
Black is a known choice for exterior paint colors if you have dark-colored bricks like red or chocolate brown. The color works well with lighter shades as well, like cream. It’s because it provides contrast while still looking clean and elegant.
4. Benjamin Moore Gray Mist OC-30
Gray Mist is a popular choice for durability, but it also provides a good texture to walls with its many shades of gray.
5. Sherwin Williams Gateway Gray 7644
This color is bold and bright—but not harsh or overwhelming. Thus, it’s perfect for anyone who wants to add a little color but doesn’t want anything too wild. Exterior primer can be applied first if the room experiences a lot of moisture, like in bathrooms or kitchens.
6. Benjamin Moore Stone Hearth CC-490
The color known as “bone” is a creamy off-white that can make homes feel warm and inviting. It’s also great for bathrooms, kitchens—and anything in between! When paired with other shades of white or even grays, taupes and browns will always be appropriate, no matter where you choose to apply them.
7. Sherwin Williams Dark Night SW 6237
This color is one of the most popular because it’s a deep and luminous shade that stands out in any setting, whether brick painting or stone.
8. Benjamin Moore Himalayan Trek AC-34
This subtle blue-gray is perfect if you want something more modern than Stone Hearth but not too far into the black territory. The slightly bluish tint makes it stand out against other shades while still being neutral to match almost any color scheme or style.
Hire Harpeth Painting LLC
Ultimately, you have your color in mind, but what next? Suppose you’re looking for a professional painter; look no further than Harpeth Painting LLC. We have been serving the Nashville area for years, and we’re proud to offer services to all of Middle Tennessee.
We’re a full-service painting company specializing in interior and exterior painting, wallpaper installation, decorative finish, cabinet painting, and more!
We understand you need a painter who gets the job done as per your needs. That’s why we’re here to put words into action to ensure your home or business looks its best. Harpeth Painting LLC believes quality matters, and for that, we put in extra effort and time. Make your property glow today by getting in touch with us!